- Over 4,000 local people shared their experience of health and social care services. We used these to inform our 20 reports; making 128 recommendations for service improvement across public, primary, social and hospital care.
- We led a Covid community insights project with our eight neighbouring Healthwatch for the North East London Integrated Care System. This has gathered nearly 60,000 issues and is seen as a national model of innovation.
Urgent Care Access
- Our insights helped GPs and hospitals adapt their systems quickly and helped them to train their staff to identify and address likely inequalities as they arose.
- Professor Sir Michael Marmot led our webinar on inequalities and Covid. We presented evidence to the Tower Hamlets local Inequalities Commission supporting their recommendations.
- Our recommendations informed the new Borough Health and Wellbeing Strategy.
"Tackling unfair health differences will need those in power to listen. To hear the experiences of those facing inequality and understand the steps that could improve people’s lives, and then to act on what has been learned."